If you ever need to know what's new in Renegade Wing or in the Star Wars
Universe, this is the place to look. Website updates and selected news regarding
Star Wars and its general gaming community will be reported here. Just skim
down to the last time you visited and you'll be able to pinpoint the new
things in a flash. Then scramble to the closest MC80B and take a look!
Been a while since you've been onboard? Us too! Check out the
Library for Bridge archives.
1 Nov 2014
- Been a long time in Space Dock! Final refit and Space Trials
- X-Wing and Tie Fighter have been rereleased for digital
download, go to Good Old Games
and get your DRM Free copies now! Then get back here and check
out the Tactical Operations section
to fight your way to Top Ace!
26 Oct 2009
- Woah! 6 Years! Really? You guys left me in carbonite for 6 Years!! Take a look at this place, the wiring's fried, half the relays are out and I don't know how we'll get the hyperdrive online... Boy, we've got some work ahead of us.
20 Apr 2003
- Tactical Operations.
The Vigilant's TacOps Database is finally back online. This also marks the start
of some increased activity aboard The Vigilant as the crew gears up
for action in the form of Star Wars Galaxies. Watch this space.
20 Oct 2002
- Domain Name Change - Due to a minor communications
glitch our domain name was undirected after the rent fell due ;) Anyway,
we're back thanks to Bill 'Owtlaw' Bradley and the Staff down at the ever
friendly Mos Eisley Cantina. A big
thank you to Blue Horizon Enterprises...
SWG News - Space Expansion - The much-anticipated first add-on
Galaxies series will introduce personal starships and starfighters,
which can be used for interplanetary travel or space combat. The expansion
also promises additional worlds, playable species, non-player characters,
new creatures, and more!
“The staggered release schedule of the space component of the
Wars Galaxies series will benefit players because they will have time
to establish their characters and explore different elements of the core
game before we add the space layer,” says Rich Vogel, director of development
at Sony Online Entertainment’s Austin studio. “Once the space component
becomes available, players who have been with us since the beginning will
be ready to buy their own starships and launch into this new arena.”
12 May 2002
- They say change is as good as a holiday... changed
the view from the main portholes. General housekeeping.
24 Feb 2002
- Updated Bio page for
- Updated pilot designators in the
Halls of Honour.
23 Feb 2002
- Communications re-established. A covert Imperial attack
on our hosts server forced the shutdown of FTP services. This has been
rectified and normal operations will now resume.
- Site maintainance: Links from Squadrons to Halls of Honour fixed,
Task Force pages updated, Contact e-mail changed for Rogue and Corsair
30 Jan 2002
- Michael 'Mighty' Tolle has transferred at own request.
Captain Tolle has moved from Rogue Squadron to his original billet with
Buccaneer, now with the added responsibility
of Executive Officer. Although newly promoted, the Wing CO has ratified
Mighty's further promotion to the rank of Major.
- LT COL Marc 'Prowler' Desrosiers has taken on the added appointment
of Tactical Operations Database Management,
so all you hotshots with the 'only way' to fly that mission, make sure
you send a copy of your flight
log over and get yourself some recognition.
28 Jan 2002
- After heavy losses at the Battle of Endor High Command
has been forced to make changes within the leadership of Renegade Wing,
in particular the CO positions of Renegade Wing, Rogue & Buccaneer Squadrons
In accordance with the wishes of High Command, newly promoted Colonel
Chris “Jalb_k” Reynolds has accepted Command of Renegade Wing. He has
transferred from his position as Corsair CO and now occupies the Rogue
Newly promoted Lt. Colonel Matt “Krayt” Houseman has moved into the
position Renegade Wing XO, and continues to hold the position of Rogue
Replacing Col. Reynolds as Commander of Corsair Squadron, newly promoted
Lt. Col 9LOM 'Syntax' has assumed command of Corsair.
Major Desrosiers has performed exemplary as CO of Buccaneer Squadron,
and will continue to do so, now as Lt. Colonel Marc “Prowler” Desrosiers.
While not assuming an official command position at this time, the long
time commitment to Renegade Wing and exemplary performance has earned
1st Lt. Michael 'Mighty' Tolle a promotion to Captain.
24 Jan 2002
- R2-I3 - Icarus is the latest addition to the
Droid Pool. Icarus comes to us fresh
from the Vigilant's tech bay with a certified 100% serviceable
and virus free clean bill of health. Our thanks once again to
Jasted,RogueFive, for his rendering
and bio outline.
- Absolute positioning added to main frames to alleviate image duplication
in high resolution viewing. This will be added to the rest of the site
as time permits.
22 Jan 2002
- Got a view you'd like to see from the Vigilant's ports?
Think you've got a graphic that would look good? Just mail the
Webmaster and we'll set
the co-ordinates to swing by your view.
20 Jan 2002
- CRS Vigilant goes live.
- Medium and Heavy Starship and Platform Blindspot Guides
for XWA added to the Intel section.
- 12 new TIE Fighter Combat Chamber TacOp briefings added
to the TacOps Database courtesy of Syntax,
- Strike Force Battle Ribbon image added to the Coduct
and Commendations section of the Medals
and Awards pages.