|Corsair Squadron Entry Requirements
Star Wars: Squadrons, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter or X-Wing Alliance pilots who have advanced beyond beginner level or are ready to graduate from Ghost Training Squadron and have decided they are steely eyed A-Wing drivers may wish to apply for membership in Corsair Squadron, the Vigilant's dedicated Reccon and Interception outfit.
To apply for Corsair Squadron candidates must submit a screenshot of their SW:S Achievements or a zipped XvT or XWA pilot file and pilot biography of no less than 250 words, describing their pilot in the Star Wars universe, to Corsair Leader (Syntax) and Corsair XO. Once these conditions have been met, you will be contacted to conduct the interview and be sent a questionnaire to be completed and returned to Corsair Leader. No applications will be accepted unless there is an opening in Corsair Squadron.
Writing the character biography can sometimes be the most difficult aspect of completing the entry requirements to join a squadron. Please read the
Vigilant's guide to writing bios for a helpful recommendation of bio dos and don'ts.
Current requirements for Corsair Squadron may be fulfilled through SW:S, XvT or XWA:
- Display a firm commitment to Renegade Wing ideals and to participate in Wing activities.
- Completion of online interview with Corsair Leader or Corsair XO via Discord.
- Be aware the online interview may require sharing of your screen to confirm achievements and or participation in an online match.
- Corsair pilots may not be a member of any other squadron, clan or guild related to X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance or Star Wars: Squadrons, be it "Rebel", "Imperial", or "Mercenary".
Star Wars: Squadrons:
Received the following Achievements on your platform
- The Galaxy's Finest (Pilot) - Completed the campaign on Pilot difficulty.
- A Promising Career - Reached Pilot Level 10.
- Squadron Hunter - Destroyed four of each starfighter class in Dogfight matches.
- Combat Pilot - Destroyed 50 starfighters in Dogfight matches.
- Unkillable - Evaded or countered 5 lock-ons in a row during a single match.
- Stay On Target - Win 15 games vs AI in Fleet Battle Mode.
X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter:
All missions should be flown single player, Rebel side
- Have achieved a rank of Ace 4th or higher
- 3 gold melee plaques
- Have completed at least 12 of the stock XvT missions (Combined exercise and combat) with the result of good or better.
- Have at least 5 stock XvT missions (Combined exercise and combat) with a result of excellent or higher.
-one of these must be from Defend the Liberty.
- Have achieved a rank of Expert 4th Grade with 20.000 Simulator points or
- Completed up to Battle 2, Mission 6: Defend the Liberty, using no
- Completed Joining the Rebellion, Mission 2: Starfighter Superiority
Evaluation with a best score of 2000 or better and bonus points of 300 or
better, in a craft of your choice
- Have completed all eight Proving Grounds challenges in the A-Wing, with
the following times or better:
Ringer 1: 2:30
Ringer 2: 2:35
Crazy Eight: 6:35
Fly Through: 4:35
Hot Fly Through: 5:35
There and Back: 9:45
Droid Rescue: 4:45
Dangerous Droid Rescue: 9:45